The Board of County Commissioners approved a schedule for public hearings and meetings on proposed code changes to allow for and regulate short-term/vacation rentals. The public will have a chance to comment either in writing or at any of the hearings, all of which will be held on Zoom.
· Public meetings on establishing a registration program and regulations in the County Code for short-term rentals:
- 10 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 5: Board of Commissioners business meeting — first reading; public comments welcome
- 10 a.m., Thursday, Nov. 19: Board of Commissioners business meeting — second reading; public comments welcome
· Public hearings on permitting short-term rentals in unincorporated Clackamas County by amending the county’s Zoning & Development Ordinance (ZDO)
- 6:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 23: Planning Commission meeting and public hearing; public testimony welcome
- 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, Dec. 9: Board of Commissioners Land Use Hearing; public testimony welcome
· 10 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 17: Board scheduled to take action on the proposed ZDO amendments at its regular business meeting
People who have comments but are not able to attend a hearing are welcome to submit their comments by email or US Mail, before the hearing, to Principal Planner Martha Fritzie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Planning & Zoning, Development Services Building, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
The draft regulations and details of upcoming public hearings are available at www.clackamas.us/planning/str. Information on how to connect to meetings and hearings on Zoom will be posted one week before each event.